The reliability and speed performance of baggage systems is an integral part of airport operations. Due to the high volume of moving parts within the baggage system, a stores management service is essential to the baggage handling equipment being efficiently maintained.
Specialist maintenance teams at the airport terminals require a managed, reliable, organised stores complemented with rapid response service for the supply of urgent replacement parts. For this reason, our client, a global market leader in baggage process automation, required an experienced partner to set up and manage a stores management service across the airport terminals.
MJM Industrial has been recently honoured with a strategic partnership agreement at this airport to assist the principal baggage O&M provider as their maintenance stores management partner.
MJM Industrial deliver a world-class stores and stock control service, responsible for goods-in, goods-out, stock taking, asset condition reporting, stock management, sourcing and the logistics of delivering maintenance parts from landslide to airside, as well as across the airport infrastructure.
As our client’s single source supply partner, MJM Industrial’s team work closely with our client to deliver this service. Outlined below are some of the agreement requirement:
- A full audit and stock take of all the existing store locations across the airport
- Produce and implement improvements to store locations, taking full account of the team’s health and safety when working in these areas
- Remove out of use stock and source new stock as required
- Introduce a new stock management system
- Introduce a new labelling system and upgrade to digital process
- Secure the stores through refurbishment and installation of secure access controls
- Full induction and training of the MJM logistics and stores personnel
[Please click or tap on the image thumbnails below to view more]
Please get in touch to discuss a project: